transformation Tuesday!

a journey that never will end...

I have always struggled with my weight and body, when i was younger i had a few belly issues, as i got older they just got worse- since I ate awful as a teenager it never got better and the weight just kept building, by the time 2013 hit I was at the HEAVIEST id ever been. 


I really didn't even think i was THAT heavy. I was trying to eat healthy- I joined weight watchers & the gym ( again )....but I guess i wasn't really doing it right my biggest issue was portion control and the couch. When Jeff and I got our own place the DVR was our best friend. We both loved that we could watch what we want in our own living room....but these were just excuses i would tell myself. Christmas morning came around and the cute shirt i wanted to wear wouldn't even make it over my shoulders :( I decided to step on the scale... it read at 256, YUP. I cried & cried....but my family was downstairs waiting for me so I hurried on the ONLY shirt that fit me and some leggings and ran down stairs that picture on the left i was with my dad & brother, i put on a smile although i knew i would HATE what i saw. 

That day i decided it was  TIME for a change. I searched and searched online for things... I knew I needed support, I needed an ENTIRE lifestyle change NOT just a quick fix. I found something on Instagram about a 10 Day Cleanse, i read about it and researched for a few days. Hoped on and was BLOWN away by how amazing i felt and losing 10lbs in those days!! I was hooked, I continued with the 24 day challenge and lost a total of 20lbs! 


I cleaned out my cabinets at home and starting focusing on this healthy lifestyle- i joined a better gym with better classes and by mid spring i was already down 30lbs! 

Here i am a little over a year later feeling amazing, strong and full of energy! I have found a different part of myself that i never knew existed. I am officially down 51lbs as of today. I went from a size 18/20 in pants to a loose 16... I still haven't gotten any 14s BUT they are coming quickly. ;) 


I have my days where i feel frustrated because i am not where I wanted to be....but I am SO far from where I was. 

This isn't a fad or a quick thing, I have NO ultimate goal. My GOAL is to be healthy and stronger then i was yesterday. 10k and half marathon are next on my list this year...
Ive got this!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

weekends are for...

Adulting is HARD.

Where did flash fit girl come from?