Being raw & REAL.

The holidays came and they left... of course like ANY other human out there we like to enjoy ourselves, maybe have 1 to many servings of the famous family traditional recipes.. Cookies?! Pie!? Yes its all there... We indulged & loved every second. 

Well now that its over its TIME to get back to it.... So Monday I spent a lot of my time in the kitchen, cleaning out the cabinets -getting rid of any junk in it that didn't need to be there. 

So I wrote out a list & got to the store. The IMPORTANT thing to do is to PLAN. Have your meals from Breakast-Dinner planned. This way you aren't overspending or wasting time on things you won't eat. I cut up veggies, only bought apples & frozen berries. 
Gah, I had ALL of Aldis TO MYSELF. It was so amazing.


So back home I go & the cooking begins... I put the oven on, throw some sweet potatoes in and get water boiling for hard boiled eggs & brown rice. Get my baggies, scale & olive oil spray out---- OH and  OF COURSE can't forget Spark ! I love the portioned baggies! They are fantastic- just small enough for nuts! They were on sale for $1 at target so I couldn't resist.


I put Turkey Meatloaf into the oven, cut up some veggies while everything is cooking and start weighing out my 'snacks' - I HAVE to weigh things. Over eating is a HUGE issue in this house. Its important to weigh out things. We do better when its portioned for us. 


So after about 1.5 hours ( 2 because I stop to dance a few times ;) ) Everything is ready to be put away! 
So I made Egg Muffins- Egg whites, 3 Whole Eggs, Sweet Potatoes, Onions, Turkey bacon, Spinach- Scramble up the eggs- Sauté the onions, spinach & sweet potatoes- Add into a muffin pan with turkey bacon and pour the eggs over- Bake a 375 for 20 minutes.
Brown Rice
Avocado Chicken Salad- 1 Avocado, Grilled chicken or shredded- Mix the avocado up with s&p & lime juice- add to chicken!  ITS GOOD!
Asparagus & Broccoli ( i broil them with Mrs Dash Garlic seasoning
Nuts, Hard boiled eggs, Veggies... and that about wraps it up for the week! Usually I do this every 3-4 days. ( I'm not a BIG leftover fan LOL but i force myself because i know its EASIER! )

Of course last BUT NOT Least I prepped our things for the 24 Day ALL IN 2016 Challenge - 128,000 people are starting on Monday the 11th, but Jeff & I couldn't wait! Got our head start and started today! So I prepped the days... during the first half of the challenge its the "cleanse phase" - but a healthy, non living in the bathroom kind of cleanse! ;) This is our 7th one! We love it!

Everyone always asks what a typical day in the world of the challenge looks like-- so I decided I will be trying to document as much as it as I can. Here is a breakdown of today. Not starving & already feel better again! So all & all it was a good day! 
Breakfast- Fiber & Probiotic, Spark & a Shake.
Snack-Veggies & Nuts
Lunch-Chicken salad on whole grain toast with tomatoes & banana peppers
Snack ( not pictured) - Hard boiled egg
Dinner-Tilapia, Brown rice & asparagus/broc

GOALS are WRITTEN & IM/WE ARE READY! 









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Adulting is HARD.

weekends are for...

2017..THE year for flashfitgirl